Tuesday, October 24, 2017

The Zoo In The Fall



This past Saturday afternoon I went to the Denver Zoo and was surprised to find the place was packed, evidently because Boo At the Zoo was going on.  This is an annual event that takes place on the 2 weekends before Halloween.  All the kids - not to mention many of the parents, too - were dressed up in costume and were wandering around the zoo, trick or treating and collecting candy from booths set up by sponsors.  There was a strong wind blowing and it was a coolish 53 degrees.  I had to admire all those coat-less parents and children in their costumes.  I myself was wearing my winter jacket and quite comfortable, and so was able to enjoy all the fall colors.  I was tempted to ask for candy myself.  Maybe next year I'll wear a costume and go trick or treating there, too. I'll blame it on early senility.

No comments:

Post a Comment