Thursday, October 26, 2017

The Shadow District



I recently finished reading a review copy of the soon to be released The Shadow District, a mystery novel by Icelandic writer arnaldur Indridason.  The story takes place in Reykjavik, Iceland, and features retired police detective Konrad, who is asked to help investigate the murder of an elderly man by the head of the short-staffed Criminal Investigative Division.  The motive for the murder goes back to the Second World War, and the story alternates between the original investigation back in 1944 and Konrad's investigation in the present. It is a very good story, and I am looking forward to the next installment in this new series.  I have also, by the way, picked up a new advanced reading copy of a mystery by a Danish writer.  Is it just me, or are there an awfully lot of mysteries that take place in Scandinavia these days?  I myself blame that girl with the dragon tattoo for it all.  In any case, The Shadow District will be released November 7th.  I recommend that you pick up a copy at your local bookstore or library.  Get on the waiting list NOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment