Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Tis The Season! Or Is It?



I spent last night going to various stores looking for a new gas range oven for the tenants in my condo in Stuart, Florida (don't ask).  My travels brought me to the Lowe's Home Improvement Store in some desolate, hellish south Denver suburb, where the first thing I saw was an absolutely huge Christmas display.  On October 10th, no less.  I personally think that is much too early, but then again I am turning into quite the curmudgeon these days.  Just for fun I decided to google the phrase "tis the season," and I wound up getting a definition from urbandictionary.com.  And it turns out their definition is "the period before Christmas that can range from October through December 24th."  And so I stand corrected.  This is indeed the Christmas season, after all.  Have you finished your shopping yet?  Better hurry.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe they might start selling things for Valentine's day at the start of December. Bwahahahaha!

    ReplyDelete