Sunday, October 8, 2017

Deja Vu All Over Again...




Wasn't I just here?  Yes!  For the second weekend in a row, I attended a soccer game with my friend Mark, who as everyone now knows works at the University of Denver's Anderson Academic Commons (known as the library to the people of earth).  Last week the Colorado Rapids played the Montreal Somethings, and this week the Rapids played FC (Football Club) Dallas.  And for the second week in a row the Rapids did not lose (the game finished as a one to one tie).  I wasn't planning to go to another soccer game this year, but Mark got tickets from a co-worker for free, and when I hear the word free, I can't resist.



It is fall, of course, and so there was a chill in the air, but not too bad with a coat.  After the game, as we were walking through the stadium and through the parking lot, I noticed just how many young children were at the game.  Far more than I see at Rockies games, in my opinion.  Soccer is very a very popular sport in schools and youth leagues these days, and kids are far more likely to play soccer than baseball.  Does that mean the youth of America will desert baseball when they grow up?  I certainly hope not. Although if so they would probably stop playing all that loud, horrible music at Coors Field, and go back to songs that won't threaten  your hearing, so I guess it might be considered a mixed blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment