Thursday, October 5, 2017

Feeding The Giraffes. For Free!



I went to the Denver Zoo this past Friday afternoon after the software at the bookstore where I work crashed, and it was suggested I just take the afternoon off and come back Saturday.  That worked for me, since it was a really beautiful fall afternoon, and I wound up visiting the Giraffe Encounter.  And I was shocked, truly shocked, to see that feeding the giraffes was actually free.  They used to charge you $3.00 or so for a handful of grass, but Friday they just handed it to you and let you walk right up there. Was this just a Friday afternoon thing, or a permanent change?  Regardless, it let people who wouldn't otherwise do it get up close and personal with the giraffes.  Talk about a win-win, as we say in the business world, when our software isn't crashing.

No comments:

Post a Comment