Saturday, October 14, 2017

Lunching With Peter At Pepper



I had lunch yesterday with my office-mate Peter at Pepper, a Chinese restaurant just down the block from the bookstore where we work.  Peter is the Accounts Payable person for the 4 store chain, while I am the bookkeeper.  Peter is, like many people I know, camera shy - probably in the witness protection program, too, like so many others I know - and the photograph on the left is the best I can do.  The store we work at is located on East Colfax Avenue here in Denver, and Peter lives in southwest Denver, so he commutes each day on the Colfax Avenue bus, which some people have referred to as "the rolling asylum."  I personally think riding that bus would be a fascinating look into a different world.  Peter not so much - he just grumbles about it.


Next door to Pepper is a tattoo parlor, and there was a huge line to get in yesterday afternoon, which extended all the way down the block. Peter asked somebody at the restaurant what the deal was with that, and was told they were doing $20 tattoos, hence the big crowd.  When we got back to the bookstore, Peter asked some of the younger employees if this was a good deal or not, and one of them told him she paid $100 for a small tattoo on her ankle.  And so it evidently was a very good deal, if you wanted a tattoo, that is.  I myself would gladly pay $20 not to have a tattoo, and think it a tremendous bargain.  But this does give me an idea.  If it costs you $10 per tattoo, and you charge $25 for it, your fortune will be made.  Still another idea to supplement my retirement income.  I wonder if these kids would like Chicago White tattoos?

No comments:

Post a Comment