Tuesday, October 3, 2017

The Final Game Of The Regular Season



Each year I go to the final Colorado Rockies game of the season.  Not only is it the last chance (usually) to go to a baseball game for the year, but after the game the players walk around the field to thank the fans for their support and toss souvenirs to them.  I took the above photographs this past Sunday, but since it was pretty cold out, most of the players wore their jackets, so I didn't know who they were.  For all I know, it was the grounds crew dressed in Rockies gear tossing those trinkets into the stands.  Most years this is the last game the Rockies play, but for the first time in years they have made the playoffs.  The Rockies will play a winner take all game Wednesday night against the Arizona Diamondbacks to see who moves on to the National League Division Series.  I have little hope they can win it, but I have been wrong before, and so "Go Rockies!"  There - I've said it, despite my reservations about their chances.

No comments:

Post a Comment