Monday, October 30, 2017

City Of The Dead



Tomorrow is Halloween, and for weeks now people in Denver have been anticipating this day.  The young hipsters here love an excuse to party, and love even more the chance to dress up in costume, which makes Halloween one of the most popular days of the year.  And throughout the metropolitan area, "haunted houses" have been set up to entertain and scare the masses.  I myself have never been to one of these places. For one thing, they charge money - a lot of money - and for another, I think that reality is far scarier than anything these guys can dream up.  And by the way, City of the Dead, seen in the photograph above, does NOT refer to Denver, but to one of these haunted houses.  I have been tempted to take a guided ghost tour of the Stanley, the model for the hotel in Stephen King's The Shining, but it is located in Estes Park, an hour and a half's drive from Denver.  It would be on a school night, too, so I usually just say forget it.  However, I just saw on the local television news that somebody went on this tour recently and took a photograph on their iphone.  When they looked at it, it showed the ghost of a little girl, and the photograph, according to the experts (per the news story), is not doctored.  I MUST go on that tour.  Perhaps next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment