Monday, October 9, 2017

The Calm Before The Storm



It was a beautiful weekend here in Denver, but by the time I left work Sunday afternoon it was getting dark, and a strong, cold wind was starting to blow.  It was dusk when I took the above photo of the boathouse in Washington Park.  The boathouse, by the way, was remodeled a number of years ago, and is now rented out for events.  One such event (most likely a wedding reception) was going on while I was walking around the pond. I just hope the guests brought their coats.  It was starting to get pretty chilly.  The weather forecasters were predicting Denver's first snowstorm of the season on Monday, and for once I believed them.  And they were right, too.  As I write this on Monday morning, I am gearing up for a trip to work through a winter wonderland.  Bah humbug, I say.

No comments:

Post a Comment