Tuesday, October 10, 2017

The First Snow Of The Season





Monday Denver received it's first snow of the season.  It usually arrives around this time of year, so it is nothing unusual, but after a weekend in the 70s and 80s it was still a shock to the system.  As I was heading downstairs and through the clubhouse of my condo building, I saw steam rising from the pool.  I knew the water was warmer than the air, but I still don't think it was a good day for a swim.


I got in my car, and headed to work through the snow.  The weather forecasters said we received 2 to 6 inches, with the higher totals to the west of town, but since the ground was so warm, the snow melted as soon as it hit the pavement - at least here in central Denver.  I had the radio on, and the traffic report said that University Boulevard was closed between Exposition and Alameda due to downed power lines.  I thought to myself, "hey, wait a minute, that's right where I am."  No wonder I was stuck in traffic.  I wound up having to make a detour and wait in still another line to make the turn back onto University Boulevard, which of course made me late for work.  And let me get this straight - I own a condo in Florida, but rent it out and live here?  The mind boggles.

No comments:

Post a Comment