Monday, October 16, 2017

Celebrating A Non-Anniversary



Today, October 16th, was the day my ex-wife Lisa and I got married in Golden, Colorado back in 1982. We separated in 1987 and were divorced the following year, evidently not destined to live happily every after.  Lisa now lives in San Francisco and we still exchange e-mails once in a while. I always remember this day fondly, even if it is a non-anniversary.  In any case, I took the above photograph on our honeymoon, standing in front of the Maroon Bells near Aspen, Colorado.  We stayed at a condo in Silverthorne, Colorado called Timber Ridge, part of a complex called Wildernest, and drove over Independence Pass to Aspen for the day.  It was really nice staying in the mountains, and I have often been tempted to go back again for a long weekend.  I recently checked the internet (something we couldn't do back in 1982) and typed in "Wildernest."  It took a few minutes to realize that the Wildernest I was looking at was in Southern India (I have to admit I am not quite as sharp as I used to be).  I tried again and found the Wildernest in Summit County, Colorado, but they wanted almost $400  for a three day stay (a one bedroom condo, no less).  Forget that!  And you wonder why I am divorced?

No comments:

Post a Comment