Saturday, May 9, 2015

Another DU Reunion At The Bonnie Brae


I met a number of my friends and former University of Denver co-workers, along with their spouses and family, at the Bonnie Brae Tavern here in Denver last night for food and drinks, including Bill, one of the former Operations Managers at the DU Bookstore, along with his wife Renee (in the photograph above), as well as Mark, a current DU Library employee, and his parents, who I will feature Monday.  Bill retired from the DU Bookstore a few years ago, and I mean actually gave notice and retired, unlike some of us who were told we were going to "retire."  But I digress.  It was a nice evening, and at one point Bill wondered aloud if I blamed him for the fall of the institutionally owned DU Bookstore because of his "Whatever, man, Surf's up! Southern California attitude.  Certainly not, Bill!  At least not publicly.

No comments:

Post a Comment