Wednesday, May 6, 2015

The Rainy Season


May is Denver's rainiest month, and it definitely starting out that way.  We have had two days of continuous downpours, and the forecast is for much of the same through the end of the week, with possibly some snow on Sunday.  They even had to postpone two Colorado Rockies games in a row, which I think is a record. Most people here seem to like it, though, since most of the time it is sunny here (according to the Chamber of Commerce, we get over 300 days of sunshine a year, but nobody can say who came up with that figure). In any case, although I have a good view of downtown Denver from the roof of the parking garage (see photograph above), my office at work is in a windowless basement, and so I can imagine the weather outside to be whatever I want it to be.  As Kris Kringle told little Natalie Wood in A Miracle on 34th Street, there is the British Nation, the French Nation, and the Imagine Nation, and I live in that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment