Tuesday, May 26, 2015

More Rocky Mountain Park Memories...


I mentioned in yesterday's blog about our once annual Memorial Day hikes in Rocky Mountain National Park.  I haven't been up there in quite some time now, but years ago we used to go there all the time, year round.  Since my sister Susan and brother-in-law George live in Fort Collins, Colorado, Rocky Mountain Park was just a short drive away.  We would hike in the summer, cross country ski in the winter, and test the limits of our nerve every Memorial Day when hiking up mountain trails through heavy fog and deep snow. Those were great times, and I have made a resolution to start hiking up there once again on a regular basis starting this summer - if it ever stops raining, that is. At this point, I would say the odds of the rain ever stopping here in Colorado are virtually nil.  In any case, the above photograph was taken back in the early 1980s.  From left to right are my then wife Lisa, sister Susan, and brother-in-law George.  The photographer was, of course, moi!

No comments:

Post a Comment