Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Talk About Nostalgia!


I recently found the above photograph in one of the many photo albums I have collected over the years.  It features (from left to right) my mother Mary, my brother-in-law George, my sister Susan, and my father Nelson, taken sometime around 1970 in Susan and George's apartment at 1130 South Michigan Avenue in Chicago. That apartment was on the 24th floor and looked out over Grant Park and Lake Michigan, not to mention a huge Pepsi sign that gave you the time and temperature 24 hours a day.  As you can see from her expression, my sister did not like me taking her photograph even back then, and her attitude has not softened over the years.  In point of fact, she chased me out of her kitchen with a knife a few months ago when I tried to take a candid portrait of her, and so the stakes are much higher taking family portraits these days.  Oh for the good old, care-free, simpler days back in Chicago.

No comments:

Post a Comment