Sunday, May 10, 2015

Happy Mother's Day!





Today is Mother's Day, and judging from how busy it was last night at the store where I have a part-time job in the evenings, it has become quite a major holiday. My own mother, Mary, passed away almost 6 years ago at the age of 93, and so today is a day of remembrance for both myself and my sister.  Mother lived in Stuart, Florida for almost 30 years and was very happy there, playing golf and in the process gaining many friends.  My sister and I visited her often down there, and have many fond memories, not to mentions boxes and boxes of photographs.  Today I am featuring my mother's favorite photograph of herself during that period, posing in front of one of the bushes near the front door of her condo.  Of course, the grounds crew removed it several years later, for what reason I don't know, but that's the way condo associations are.  Their motives and operations are as mysterious as the National Security Agency's.  And for your own well-being, don't cross them!  But I digress.  Happy Mother's Day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment