Monday, May 4, 2015

Cinco De Mayo!









Actually, tomorrow is the real Cinco De Mayo (5th of May), but the big celebration here in Denver was this past weekend down in Civic Center Park.  Denver has a very large Latino population, and so celebrations like these are especially well-attended.  I always thought you could never have too much fun at a Cinco de Mayo celebration, but in the bottom of the triptych to the left  it is obvious that the fellow in the handcuffs did figure out a way.  Probably tried to swipe a turkey leg without paying.  In any case, the crowds were especially heavy at the music venues.  I don't know the name of the group in the center photograph, but I am pretty sure I took almost the exact same photograph of the exact same group last year, too.  Don't blame me. Blame the Cinco de Mayo organizers. It is they who need to shake things up so I don't keep taking the same damn photographs.  And I am sticking to that story.

No comments:

Post a Comment