Monday, May 18, 2015

Burritos At Benny's With The Bookstore Bunch


I had brunch with the usual suspects (ex-DU Bookstore employees, along with their spouses and significant others) yesterday morning at Benny's, a well known Central Denver Mexican restaurant that has been around forever.  It was the first time I have ever eaten there,  and I must say the food is excellent.  We haven't gotten together since last fall, and so there was a lot of catching up to do.  I was able to relate my tales of woe (car breakdown, condo flooding, a part-time job to help pay expenses) and still leave a few minutes for everyone else to talk about what they have been up to lately.  In the photograph above (from left to right) are me, Jim, Jim's wife Chris (formerly the Accounting Assistant at the DU Bookstore), Linda, Linda's husband Darrel (formerly the Accounts Payable Manager at the DU Bookstore), Jake, and Jake's significant other Valarie (the former Operations Manager of the DU Bookstore).  It was great fun getting together and chatting.  Hopefully next time we will get together sooner, and I will try to limit my tales of woe to just half the meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment