Friday, May 8, 2015

Under Lockdown!


I went to my part-time job near the University of Denver campus (seen at twilight in the photograph above) last night and was told that two armed gunmen (one with a rifle and one with a handgun) were wandering the campus and headed this way.  But don't alarm the customers.  A short time later one of the managers told us it was all a hoax.  I watched a re-broadcast of the news when I got home late that night, and the film footage was from in front of the Ritchie Center - directly across the street from my condo - where the gunman with the rifle had allegedly entered the building.  The spokesperson being interviewed didn't say if it was a hoax or not, simply that it was important to take all necessary precautions.  If it was a hoax, was it an end of quarter prank by one of the students?  The act of a disgruntled employee?  One of the many still bitter ex-employees laid off by the university?  In any case, if the culprit is caught, I think that a day locked in stocks in the middle of the Campus Green would be a very suitable kind of punishment.  Sometimes the old ways really are best. Just call me a traditionalist.

No comments:

Post a Comment