Tuesday, March 7, 2017

A Gaggle Of Geese






I originally thought it was a gander, but is indeed a gaggle of geese in the photograph, eating God know's what.  These geese stay in Denver all year long, despite the occasional sub-zero temperatures.  I took this photo the Sunday afternoon before last in Denver's Washington Park, on my way home from grocery shopping and before I went to my part-time evening job at a local grocery store.  It is a great place to walk around, even if only for a short time, and get a bit of nature and fresh air.  Plus, if you are fond of a nice goose dinner (which was a popular choice for Christmas dinner in Victorian England), you have a wide choice of geese there to chose from, as long as you don't mind an entirely do-it-yourself kind of meal. Although I must say, plucking feathers might get a bit tedious.

No comments:

Post a Comment