Sunday, March 19, 2017

Forget Spring - Summer Is Here


It was 80 degrees in Denver yesterday, warmer than even Miami.  We have gone from winter straight into summer - for the moment, anyway.  Usually when it gets this nice in March or April, we have a massive snowstorm the following week, if not the following day.  I took the above photograph of University Boulvard near the DU campus from my car window on the way to my part-time job at a local grocery store.  The University of Denver will be pretty quiet this week, since it is spring break.  All the little rich kids will be off to Europe or the Caribbean - or perhaps even one of those skull-filled castles mentioned in that Atlas Obscura book - making for a week of peace and quiet at my condo building as well.  In that respect, it is spring break for me, too.  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment