Thursday, March 23, 2017

On The (Part-Time) Job


I worked this past Sunday at my part-time job at a local Denver grocery store picking groceries ordered via the internet, and took a brief moment to take the above "action" photo.  Early afternoon I push a trolley around the store grabbing the items ordered, spend late afternoon taking the groceries to the customers when they arrive at the parking lot, bag groceries after that, and from 9:00 until midnight do stock work.   In other words, I am a "jack of all trades" at the store. It is fun out on the floor on busy days - a great people watching opportunity - but at the end of the day, just standing there waiting for the final customers to arrive, it is probably the most boring experience ever.  But hey, after all, I'm not paying them.  For that you have to go to Disney World.

No comments:

Post a Comment