Tuesday, March 21, 2017

The Jungle Queen




It has been almost two years since I have posted the photograph on the left on this Blog (I think), and so I am betting nobody will remember it and I can use it again.  It shows my sister Susan, myself, and my mother Mary boarding The Jungle Queen, which leaves from the Bahia Mar Marina in Fort Lauderdale and cruises up the New River, past huge mansions, large yachts, the Riverwalk area of Fort Lauderdale, and into what remains of wilderness in that city to a kitchie tourist island.  I recommended to my friends Jake and Valarie, who are planning to visit Stuart, Florida and environs, to make sure they take that cruise.  As an added bonus, Bahia Mar Marina, as all you John D. McDonald mystery fans know, was the location of literary hero Travis McGee's houseboat, the Busted Flush.  They even have a plaque there marking the spot where it was supposedly moored.  I have a photograph of myself standing in front of it.  I might even share it on this blog someday.  Until then, you'll just have to be  patient.  Deal with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment