Wednesday, March 15, 2017

The DAM Mummy Case


I have visited the Denver Art Museum many times, and up on the 6th floor , in  a kind of library-like room, is displayed a mummy case and several small Egyptian statuettes.   However, there are no plaques or anything else to tell you anything about them.  I have often wondered if they were real, or just copies.  Perhaps the museum smuggled them out of Egypt and doesn't want to draw attention to them.  In any case, I finally looked the mummy case up on the internet, and it is indeed real, and dates from around 302 B.C.  This is also the room, by the way, where one Halloween a museum employee told of her many experiences with the supernatural.  I suppose the mummy case could be cursed, and the museum does not want to not spread panic throughout Denver.  Makes sense to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment