Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Horseplay In Lakewood




I went to the Beautiful Junk Sale at the Jefferson County Fairgrounds in Lakewood, Colorado Saturday afternoon, and as I was leaving I noticed a bunch of horse trailers on the other side of the complex.  I walked over there and found out it was the Westernaires Equestrian Center.  You can evidently bring your own horse in a trailer - or rent a horse at the center - and take the trails into the foothills to the west.  I took the photograph on the left of a horse tied up to it's trailer after an afternoon ride.  He was quite a willing model, I might add.



I took the photograph on the right close to where the riding trail into the foothills and mountains begins.  I assume that the horses in the corral are available for rent.  Most of the horses were just eating hay off the ground, but the white horse in the photograph kept starring at me the entire time.  He was probably afraid I was planning on renting him for a ride, and suspected I did not have a high level of equestrian skills.  Good guess - we had very few horses back on the South Side of Chicago, where I grew up.  And I have to say it - I always thought Lakewood, Colorado was a one horse town, and now I have photographic proof.

No comments:

Post a Comment