Tuesday, March 14, 2017

A Saturday Visit To The DAM


I was only scheduled until 12:30 P.M. this past Saturday at my part-time job at a local grocery store, and so I decided to visit the Denver Art Museum to see if they had any new exhibits up.  I was especially interested in whether there was a new exhibit in the photography gallery.  As it turns out, the answer was no. In fact, the entire 7th floor of the museum was closed, just as it had been when I attended the Final Friday event last month.  And so I wandered about looking at the regular exhibits.  I went down one floor to the European Gallery and looked at the few impressionist paintings the museum had on display.  I spent a long time looking at Claude Monet's "The Customs House," pondering what life would be like if I owned it (see photograph above).  Many versions of this painting exist, by the way - Monet liked to paint the same subject over and over again at different times of the year, in different weather conditions, during different political administrations, etc.  Despite so many versions of this painting, it is still worth millions.  All I need to do is find one of these babies at a pawn shop or antique store.  Dream on, McDuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment