Thursday, March 2, 2017

Light Rail Madness




My friend Mark - who works at the University of Denver's Anderson Academic Commons (the library) - told me there was a poster on display on the second floor of building concerning the relocation of the University of Denver Light Rail Station.  I am very interested in that particular project, since the University of Denver is hellbent on moving the station to the corner of University and Buchtel Boulevards, which is where my condo building sits.  I took a look at the poster (seen in the photograph on the left) Friday night.  It wasn't much to see - just a couple of Google photos of the station and some renderings of a generic idealized station, but it did mention the City of Denver's Transportation Department has provided $200,000 to fund a study of the project.  Please guys - at least put it on the other side of the street, not where my condo sits.  If this were Chicago, I would get the building's residents to come up with an envelope of cash to pay off an official, but I'm not sure it would were here.  Or am I just being naive?

No comments:

Post a Comment