Sunday, March 5, 2017

Abstract Photography - Is There Such A Thing? Is This It?


I took the above photograph outside John Fielder's Denver Photo Art Gallery Friday night, trying to show both the inside of the gallery and the outside, too.  I wrestled between a photograph without people walking down the street, and with.  Is it any good, or just a too complicated jumble?  I really don't care all that much, because for me photography is a way to get out and about, and I just enjoy the act of walking around and taking photos.  Roddy, my old University of Denver photography professor, once told me about a friend who would go out and take photographs, take the film out of the camera (this was before the digital age), throw it in a box, and then never have it developed.  I would never have gone that far, but I definitely know where he is coming from.  Plus, having film developed costs money, as fellow cheapskates certainly know.

No comments:

Post a Comment