Monday, March 6, 2017

The View Of Mount Evans From Denver


Mount Evans is a mere 30 miles or so west of Denver, and at over 14,000 feet in elevation is an impressive sight from almost anywhere in the city, although unfortunately not from my condo.  Although I can look west out my windows, there are two high rise University of Denver dorms (Centennial Hall and Centennial Tower) that block my view of the peak.  Which is why I had to go to nearby Washington Park to snap the above photograph of that landmark.  I have driven up Mount Evans a number of times.  Once I drove my parents and sister up to the top of the peak (a road goes all the way up).  At the halfway point there is a little lodge by a lake, and we stopped to take a look at it.  My father said he was having trouble breathing, and said he couldn't go any higher.  He decided to wait at the bar in the lodge and admire the view, while my mother and sister and I drove the scary, hairpin turns up to the very top.  It was a grand view, although my father always said that if you've seen one mountain, you've seen them all.  The older I get, the more I agree with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment