Saturday, March 4, 2017

First Friday!


Last night was the first Friday in March, and  so I naturally headed over to Denver's Santa Fe Boulevard for the monthly art walk.  I was a little late getting there, and so it was a bit of a struggle finding a parking place, but I finally did.  The street was packed with art lovers when I got there, and since the temperatures were much warmer than last month, the food trucks were back, doing a brisk business.  I snapped the photograph on the left at the Michael Warren Gallery, which at one time was the gallery for the Art Students League of Denver, before it was sold to Michael Warren.  The Art Students League of Denver, by the way, has a fabulous Summer Art Market each June that I missed last year, due to a senior moment, as they say.  I am writing down the date this year to avoid making that mistake twice in a row.



I did the usual rounds, visiting various galleries looking for photographic works, but also checking out the paintings, too.  I finished up at the Artwork Network, where they had an exhibit of abstract painting going on.  It was very colorful and interesting, and I enjoyed looking at it.  They had some photographs on display, too, which were also pretty good, and just to the left of the entrance was the artist who paints his paintings in the gallery itself, as seen in the photograph on the right. I can't remember his name, and looked to see a name plate or other information, but saw none.  He has been there forever, too.  I remember that in the past he had books of his work on display and brochures, too.  Perhaps he is getting surly in his old age, just like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment