Saturday, March 25, 2017

March Madness


These days when I go to the break room at the local grocery store where I work, the television screen on the wall is tuned to basketball.  It is March Madness, after all, and everyone here in Denver is really into these games.  Woe to anyone who tries to change the program to Rick Steve's' Europe (I did survive, however).   In any case, last week Northwestern was playing Gonzaga, and I was able to watch the end of the game.  I am not interested in basketball, but my father Nelson graduated from the Northwestern Dental School and always rooted for their teams, and so I always have, too.  An old joke revolving around Northwestern's reputation for losing goes "Interstate 94, Northwestern nothing, a play on the interstate that goes near that Evanston, Illinois campus.  But I must say, Northwestern held it's own against Gonzaga, the top rated college baslketball team in the country, and lost by only a few points.  Wait until next year, boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment