Saturday, March 10, 2018

A Change In Ownership At Bosworth House



I took a short walk on my lunch break yesterday afternoon and noticed that a lot of work was being done on what once called the Bosworth House, a Victorian Mansion at the corner of 14th and Josephine Streets here in Denver (and seen in the photograph above).  For years the place was owned by the Assistance League of Denver and used as their headquarters.  I toured the place once during one of the annual Open Doors Denver weekends (an open house event for the city's notable buildings) and was very impressed with the place.  About a year ago I noticed a "For Sale" sign in front of it, and seeing all that activity yesterday, I guessed the place had been sold.  A little research on the internet found that this was indeed true.  Bosworth House, built in 1896, has been purchased for $1,800,000 by Unbridled Holdings, a company that has bought other Denver mansions and carved them into office suites.  I have no doubt that is exactly what will happen to this place, too.  What a shame I didn't investigate earlier and make a counter offer - it would have been just a block away from work, perfect for me and my staff of servants.  Be sure to check out the details of the mansion at http://www.fullerre.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/1400-Josephine-St.-Brochure1.pdf?KeepThis=true&TB_iframe=true&width=800.

No comments:

Post a Comment