Monday, March 12, 2018

My Father's Birthday



Today is March 12th, which would have been my father Nelson's 109th birthday if he were alive today.  The photograph above shows him posing along the boat basin of Circle Bay, the condominium complex next door to the Stuart, Florida condo my parents moved to back in 1976.  My father was a dentist in the South Side Brainerd neighborhood of Chicago all his life, and just hated it.  He was finally able to retire in 1975, right after I finished college, and the following year he and my mother Mary moved to Stuart.  They both just loved it there, and although my father lived only another 7 years before he passed away, it was a very happy 7 years. My mother continued to live in Stuart for almost 30 years.  My sister Susan and I still own the condo, and have rented it out until I can start receiving social security and start living the good life, commuting back and forth between Denver and Stuart.  But I digress - Happy Birthday Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment