Friday, March 23, 2018

Remembering Willie...



I took the above photograph of my brother-in-law George's brother Willie and his family many years ago in front of their home in South Miami.  My sister Susan (seen above on the left) and I were visiting my mother Mary in Stuart, Florida, and we drove down to Miami to visit them one weekend.  Willie and his wife Nancy were very gracious, and we got to visit with their 3 children, too.  Not too long after this, Hurricane Andrew came along and destroyed the entire neighborhood, including their house.  They lived in a trailer in their driveway for several years while the house was being rebuilt.  Sadly, Willie did not take care of his health, and did not visit a doctor when he developed some scary symptoms.  He passed away from cancer not too many years after their house was rebuilt, leaving a young family on their own.  The moral - see your doctor on a regular basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment