Friday, March 16, 2018

Speaking Of Zoo Babies...








As I mentioned in yesterday's blog, I visited the Denver Zoo Sunday afternoon and photographed Dobby the baby giraffe, who recently celebrated his first birthday. However, I would be remiss if I didn't also photograph the baby gorilla Whimsie Adepa, which was born in February of 2016.  That makes it 2 years old, but to me it looks much younger (see photograph on left).  I wonder if the zoo is feeding it enough?  Perhaps a daily milkshake might help.  And who named it Whimsie Adepa, I wonder?  What is wrong with naming it Bob, or Al, or something like that?








And just across the room from the gorillas is the Orangutan cage.  Unlike most of the other animals, the orangutans, especially the one in the photograph on the right, are very interested in zoo visitors.  The orangutan in the photo on the right likes to go up to the window to interact with everyone, then leap back and cover itself with a blanket, peaking out from under it.  Now that would make a great pet, although if if kept it in my condo, I would probably have to clean more often.  Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment