Saturday, March 3, 2018

Another First Friday




Last night I attended the monthly art walk on Santa Fe Drive here in Denver, and was disappointed to see that most of the art on exhibit was the same as last month, and the art that was new was not very good.  It wasn't very crowded this month, either, as can be seen in the photograph on the left. On the other hand, the last several months I have been arriving pretty early, so maybe I am just missing the crowd.  On the other hand, the patio of the Renegade Brew Pub was packed, and so perhaps the art lovers are just shifting their priorities this month.  Can't blame them there.



The most interesting sight of the evening was the guy who has turned his Volkswagen Beetle into a coffee bar. In the photograph on the right he is fixing up a coffee drink for a customer. It is definitely tight quarters in there, but he seems to be making it work.  But does this mean that the chains will be getting into the act, too?  Will Starbucks be unleashing a fleet of Smart Cars throughout the city, pulling over to the curb to serve customers who hail them, just like the ice cream trucks of my youth?  All I know is that suddenly I have a craving for a Good Humor chocolate bar, but I haven't seen one of those trucks in years. Bummer.

No comments:

Post a Comment