Thursday, March 1, 2018

Retirement? Not Quite Yet...



Today is March 1st.  For a few years now I have been trying to figure out how soon I could retire from the local Denver bookstore where I work - the entrance of which can be seen in the above photograph - and start living the good life.  I finally decided on the last Friday of March, 2018, which would have made this the month I retire. However, December was so hectic that I was not able to discuss this with my boss.  By the time I did, she felt it would take until August or September to train someone else to take over my job, and asked me to stay until then. What can I say?  I agreed.  After all, the condo in Florida is rented, so I can't go down there, and I will now receive a few more dollars in social security money when I do file.  Plus, I will get to spend one more summer walking from work to downtown to catch the light rail train home.  It will be like a farewell tour. One day I can walk down Colfax (15th Street) and say farewell to all the homeless there, and the next day walk down 17th Street and say farewell to all the hipsters (the two groups hang out within two blocks of each other but are, of course, world's apart). Sounds like a plan to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment