Sunday, March 18, 2018

The Woman In The Woods



I just finished an advanced reading copy of John Connolly's new thriller, The Woman in the Woods, and was very impressed with it.  The story follows Portland, Maine private investigator Charlie Parker as he tries to find out what happened to the infant child of a woman whose body was discovered buried in a shallow grave deep in the Maine woods.  The book started out as a straight mystery, but then supernatural elements began to appear.  This combination of the mystery genre and the supernatural actually works, and Connolly delivers an engrossing and fast paced story.  The book is not scheduled to be released until June, but the book lists 16 previous Charlie Parker novels (I am amazed I never read one before), so I strongly suggest you start with them.  I know I am. And write down The Woman in the Woods so you can remember to pick up a copy in June.

No comments:

Post a Comment