Thursday, March 8, 2018

Spring Training Update



Spring training baseball games were in full swing this past weekend, and I decided to take full advantage by watching as many games as I could.  I was automatically charged $115 by mlb.com to renew my subscription, but unlike last year, decided to not cancel the subscription.  Since I had originally planned to retire at the end of this month, I figured I would get a lot more use out of the subscription, but even after having to delay my retirement to the end of August, I decided it was worth it.  Just watching those spring games brought back memories of how laid back, enjoyable, and hopeful those spring games are.  Now I will be able to follow the Chicago White Sox and Chicago Cubs throughout the season.  I even intend to follow the San Francisco Giants this year. After all, San Francisco is my favorite city after Chicago (sorry Miami), and my ex-wife Lisa lives there.  She even tells me she attends Giants games, no doubt due to my corrupting influence so many years ago.  And so what the hell, as I often says these days.  Let's play two, as Ernie Banks used to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment