Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Dining With Mark At Pepper



I had dinner last night with my friend Mark at Pepper Asian Bistro, located just a block or so from the bookstore where I work on East Colfax Avenue.  Mark participated in the March for Our Lives here in Denver this past Saturday, joining a number of his fellow Columbine High School alumni at that event.  Being the cynic that I am, I doubt it will have much impact in countering the NRA's stand on assault weapons, but I have been wrong before.  Really!  In any case, Mark is excited about his upcoming trip to Leeds, England next week.  He will be visiting friends there and taking in a few soccer games, too.  Surprise!  Mark tells me that Leeds was named one of the top destinations in the world to visit in 2017 by Lonely Planet Magazine.  I wonder how much Leeds had to pay them to say that?  Just kidding.  Kind of.  And by the way, the food at Pepper is wonderful, and I recommend it highly.  Have a great time in the U.K. Mark!

No comments:

Post a Comment