Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Better Wine Than Whining, I Guess


I took the above photograph Monday night at my part-time job at a local drugstore.  I had just finished working 80 hours over the past 5 days, and was feeling a little tired.  My sister Susan said that working 80 hours a week should be no problem for someone of my relatively young age (62), and that all I need to do is take some vitamins to boost my energy level.  I have to wonder if she was confusing vitamins with "speed," but no matter.  I have decided that I am whining way too much these days.  I am working at a second job to avoid dipping into my retirement savings, while many of my co-workers are working the midnight shift to help support large families.  They will be working long hours into the night for years, while I will be basking in the sun and living the good life.  On the other hand, they get to sleep in.

No comments:

Post a Comment