Thursday, September 10, 2015

Burgers And Beers With Stuart At - You Guessed It - Old Chicago!


I had burgers and beers with my friend Stuart on the rooftop patio at the Old Chicago restaurant in beautiful Lakewood, Colorado Monday night.  Not only did we have a fabulous view of exotic Lakewood, but there was even a widescreen TV up there televising the Cubs game from Chicago.  As regular Blog readers know, Stuart is from the North Side of Chicago and a great Chicago Cubs fan, and the Cubs have an excellent chance of making the playoffs this year.  I, of course, am from the South Side of Chicago, and our team, the White Sox, is once again wallowing in the mud.  Time to grudgingly cheer on the Cubs, I guess, although I must say this would be a great opportunity to place a few bets with all those enthusiastic Cubs fans.  After all, the Cubs haven't been in a World Series since 1945.  A great opportunity to make some serious dollars, people!

No comments:

Post a Comment