Saturday, September 19, 2015

What The Hell Happened To Summer?


Sunset is coming earlier and earlier these days, and fall starts this coming Wednesday.  It seems hard to believe that summer is almost over.  In my mind, it was raining like hell here in Denver all through May, the rains stopped and it got a little warmer for a few days, and now it is fall.  I don't know if the birds circling the sky around the parking lot of the Bookstore where I work in the photograph above are vultures or bluebirds, but I wish I did.  I am sure it must be some kind of sign.  In any case, I bet a rabid Chicago Cubs fan with whom I worked at my part time job (and who is originally from Chicago's northern suburbs) that the Chicago White Sox would have a better record than the Chicago Cubs by the end of the season.  We former South Siders have to stick up for our team, after all.  Now the end of the season is less than 2 weeks away.  The Chicago Cubs are playoff bound, while the White Sox are once again wallowing in the mud, with a record similar or even worse (if that is possible) than the Colorado Rockies.  In other works, still another bill soon coming due.

No comments:

Post a Comment