Sunday, September 20, 2015

The Rocky Mountain Showdown


I took the light rail train down to Mile High Stadium to see if I could get a cheap ticket from a scalper for the University of Colorado - Colorado State football game last night.  Since I saw on a web site that student tickets cost $25 and were sold out, I didn't even want to think what the ticket price was for big people.  I got to the stadium right as the second half began, but there were no scalpers to be found. Maybe they don't have scalpers in football, or perhaps there is some sort of law against selling college football tickets outside the stadium.  There were certainly plenty of police around to enforce that rule, if true.  In any case, as I was making my way around the perimeter of the stadium, I ran across Brooklyn's, a local bar and grill located under the 15th Street viaduct and which has been there forever, and decided to stop in.  The place was packed, and everyone was very enthusiastic about their team.  As far as I could tell, the crowd was evenly divided between CU and CSU fans.  I watched the 4th quarter of the game there.  It was very close, and went into overtime, with CU finally winning it on a field goal.  Very exciting, but still not worth $25 for a nosebleed ticket, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment