Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Happy Belated Wedding Anniversary Susan And George!


I visited my sister Susan and brother-in-law George up in Fort Collins Saturday evening and realized that in all the excitement of my trip down to Florida, I forgot to mention in this Blog that their 46th wedding anniversary was that same weekend in August. And so now, I want to wish them a belated Happy Anniversary. And as you can see from the photograph on the left, they haven't changed a bit over the years (see yesterday's Blog).  This photograph was taken outside the Office of the Justice of the Peace in Evanston, Illinois, where they were married back in 1969.  Afterwards, we went to the Cape Cod Room in the Drake Hotel to celebrate.  That was when I first learned - at the tender age of 16 - that some restrooms actually have attendants that expect to be tipped.  It was a very traumatic experience.  But I digress.  After dinner, Susan asked if they could borrow my father's 1963 Pontiac Grand Prix to drive up to Wisconsin for their honeymoon.  And that is how my mother, father, grandmother, and I wound up taking the Illinois Central (the IC) home that evening, having to wait at the Homewood Station for my cousin Betty to come pick us up.  Not that I'm bitter about something that happened 46 years ago.  No way.  Not me.

No comments:

Post a Comment