Friday, September 11, 2015

Look Out Paris! Here Comes Lakewood!


My friend Stuart and I had burgers and beers on the rooftop deck of the Old Chicago Restaurant in beautiful and exotic Lakewood, Colorado Monday night.  Stuart claims that Lakewood, Colorado is one of the most beautiful and exciting cities in the world, although personally I am still trying to wrap my mind around that concept.  I mentioned to Stuart that Beat Generation writer Jack Kerouac bought a house in Lakewood back in the 1950s and moved his family there from New York City.  After just a month, his entire family moved back to New York, and Kerouac sold the place.  Stuart tells me they were probably not used to the level of excitement that is Lakewood, and had to move back to a calmer environment, such as Manhattan. And as for being one of the most beautiful cities in the world, perhaps I have just never seen Lakewood's finer neighborhoods. Although I have to say, I don't think Paris has too much to worry about for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment