Sunday, September 13, 2015

Nostalgia At The Beach

Nostalgia is like a potato chip - you can't just stop at one.  Beer, too, although that's a whole different story. In any case, yesterday I featured my father Nelson at the Winn Dixie Grocery Store in Stuart, Florida back in the 1970s, and thought it only fair that I include a photograph of my mother Mary (on the left) and sister Susan (in the middle), along with my father Nelson (on the right) from that same time period.  The above photograph was taken - I think - on Jupiter Island, and as you can probably tell from looking at it, my family was (and in my sister's case, still is) highly eccentric.  My mother is posing for the camera, while it looks like my sister is looking at my father and thinking "my hero."  My father, as usual, is glancing straight at the camera, and I think the fact that he was quite the character, with a wonderful sense of humor, shines right through. One of my big regrets in life is that I never inherited that family eccentricity, and as a result am such a bland character today.  I'm sorry?  What did you say?

No comments:

Post a Comment