Saturday, October 24, 2015

Baseball Nostalgia


As long as we have been focusing on sports and baseball this past week, today I have decided to feature a photograph of my mother Mary, taken at a Florida State League baseball game at Roger Dean Stadium in Jupiter, Florida.  At the time my mother was living with me here in Denver, but we would go back down to Stuart, Florida every 4 months or so to check out her condo, visit neighbors, and see the eye doctor.  She was always a good sport, and didn't mind occasionally going to the baseball game to see the Jupiter Hammerheads play.  It is a long way from the Florida State League to the World Series, which starts in a few days, but going to the baseball game is all about the people you go with, which means that attending those Florida State League games with my mother so many years ago beats out a ticket to the World Series every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment