Saturday, October 31, 2015

Happy Halloween!


Today is Halloween - a major holiday here in Denver - and to celebrate, I am featuring a photograph of my mother Mary (in the photograph on the left) and my sister Susan (on the right) taken at an Arts and Crafts Festival in Vero Beach, Florida many years ago.  My sister and I went down to Stuart, Florida to visit my mother and father a number of times around Halloween.  My sister really would get into the spirit of things, buying Halloween tablecloths, napkins, and treats.  One Halloween, the 4 of us took a road trip up to Savannah, Georgia and Charleston, South Carolina and on the way home - stopping at a motel in St. Augustine - Susan found a black kitten that seemed to have no home.  Susan insisted on taking it back home to Stuart, and my mother insisted it be put right back outside.  As I recall, my father and I stayed neutral on the matter, which was the wisest possible choice, let me tell you.  Ah, the memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment