Saturday, October 3, 2015

The First Friday In October

Yesterday was indeed the first Friday in October, and so I headed down to Santa Fe Boulevard to hang out with my fellow Artistes at the monthly Santa Fe Art District Art Walk.  The place was as crowded as usual, and I stopped in first at the Metropolitan State University Art Gallery to have a look.  Metro, by the way, wanted to change it's name to Denver State University to give it a geographical context, but the University of Denver - my old Alma mater and former employer - quickly stopped that proposal dead in it's tracks to prevent confusion between the two schools, with the resulting tragic consequences.  Thank God for that.  But I digress.  My next stop was the Artwork Network Gallery, where artist Tadashi Hayakawa was working on a painting called Conversation With Spirit.  He has been painting in that same spot since I have been coming to these monthly events, but I'm afraid I have never looked closely at his work before.  For all I know, he has been working on the same painting the entire time.  I definitely intend to check the title of the painting he is working on next time.




And as usual, the most popular form of art at this event seem to be the food trucks, which are popping up all over Denver whenever there is an event that draws more than 3 or 4 people.  The truck in the photograph on the right has it's own work of art on the side, right over the condiments.  I am no culinary expert (think Michelina's Authentico Frozen Entrees), but I guess that particular food truck specializes in Mexican food.





It was once again a very pleasant evening, but it is definitely getting colder here after the sun sets these days, and sunset is coming earlier and earlier.  If I was retired I would be thinking about heading down to Florida around now, where the sun sets just as early but the temperatures stay warm 24 / 7.  Of course, at this point in time I don't want to leave my fellow Artistes living and working here in Denver. They need my attendance at these events and my moral support.  No money guys - just my attendance and moral support.  Deal with it.


No comments:

Post a Comment